- 1 Can we return an array in Java?
- 2 Can I return an array?
- 3 How do you return an array from a list in Java?
- 4 How do I return two arrays in Java?
- 5 How do you use array length in Java?
- 6 How do you return a pair in Java?
- 7 How do I return an array pointer?
- 8 What does array length return?
- 9 Can I return an array in C++?
- 10 How do you return an ArrayList array in Java?
- 11 How do I return an int array in Java?
- 12 How do you pass and return an ArrayList in Java?
- 13 Can I return two values in Java?
- 14 How do I return a HashMap in Java?
- 15 Can you return nothing in Java?
Can we return an array in Java?
We can return an array in Java from a method in Java. Here we have a method createArray() from which we create an array dynamically by taking values from the user and return the created array.
Can I return an array?
C programming does not allow to return an entire array as an argument to a function. Second point to remember is that C does not advocate to return the address of a local variable to outside of the function, so you would have to define the local variable as static variable.
How do you return an array from a list in Java?
Returning an ArrayList using method: All you need to do is use the ‘ return ‘ keyword. The method that returns nothing uses the keyword ‘void’ in the method declaration else it needs a return type for this purpose. For instance, a method that returns integer values uses ‘int’ as a return type.
How do I return two arrays in Java?
Based on your comment, there are a number of ways you can approach this.
- Create a class representing a user. You mentioned that you’re working with a 2D array of integers, where each row describes a single user.
- Create a class representing the entire return value.
How do you use array length in Java?
The length property can be invoked by using the dot (.) operator followed by the array name.
- int arr=new int;
- int arrayLength =arr. length.
How do you return a pair in Java?
- Pair (K key, V value): Creates a new pair.
- boolean equals(): It is used to compare two pair objects.
- String toString(): This method will return the String representation of the Pair.
- K getKey(): It returns key for the pair.
- V getValue(): It returns value for the pair.
How do I return an array pointer?
Returning pointer pointing to the array
- #include <stdio.h>
- int *getarray()
- int arr;
- printf(“Enter the elements in an array: “);
- for(int i=0;i<5;i++)
- scanf(“%d”, &arr[i]);
What does array length return?
The length property of an object which is an instance of type Array sets or returns the number of elements in that array. The value is an unsigned, 32-bit integer that is always numerically greater than the highest index in the array.
Can I return an array in C++?
C++ does not allow to return an entire array as an argument to a function. However, you can return a pointer to an array by specifying the array’s name without an index.
How do you return an ArrayList array in Java?
Java. util. ArrayList. toArray(T) Method
- The runtime type of the returned array is that of the specified array.
- If the list fits in the specified array with room to spare (i.e., the array has more elements than the list), the element in the array immediately following the end of the collection is set to null.
How do I return an int array in Java?
In the following example, the method returns an array of integer type.
- import java.util. Arrays;
- public class ReturnArrayExample1.
- public static void main(String args)
- int  a=numbers(); //obtain the array.
- for ( int i = 0; i < a.length; i++) //for loop to print the array.
- System.out.print( a[i]+ ” “);
How do you pass and return an ArrayList in Java?
Java — Passing ArrayList to Method and Returning
- I don’t see you invoking the Hand( ArrayList <String>) method anywhere. –
- The correct format is Hand myHand = Hand.Hand(deck);.
- Or rather ArrayList <String> myHand = Hand.Hand(deck); – sstan Jul 9 ’15 at 2:21.
Can I return two values in Java?
You can return only one value in Java. If needed you can return multiple values using array or an object.
How do I return a HashMap in Java?
get(“keyWord”); //The map has this entry in it that you ‘put’ into it inside of the other method. Note, you should prefer to make the return type Map instead of HashMap, as I did above, because it’s considered a best practice to always program to an interface rather than a concrete class.
Can you return nothing in Java?
In Java, a null value can be assigned to an object reference of any type to indicate that it points to nothing. In the absence of a constructor, the getArticles() and getName() methods will return a null reference.