- 1 What is comparator and comparable in Java?
- 2 Why do we use comparator?
- 3 What is the main difference between comparable and comparator?
- 4 What is difference between compare and compareTo in Java?
- 5 What is difference vector and ArrayList?
- 6 How do you sort an ArrayList?
- 7 What are the types of comparator?
- 8 What are the applications of voltage comparator?
- 9 Why is string immutable in Java?
- 10 What are three differences between comparator and comparable?
- 11 How do you make an ArrayList synchronized?
- 12 Can we sort HashMap in Java?
- 13 What is difference between == equals () and compareTo () method?
- 14 What does compareTo return in Java?
- 15 What is the difference between.equals and == in Java?
What is comparator and comparable in Java?
1) Comparable provides a single sorting sequence. In other words, we can sort the collection on the basis of a single element such as id, name, and price. The Comparator provides multiple sorting sequences. In other words, we can sort the collection on the basis of multiple elements such as id, name, and price etc.
Why do we use comparator?
Java Comparator interface is used to order the objects of a user-defined class. This interface is found in java. util package and contains 2 methods compare(Object obj1,Object obj2) and equals(Object element).
What is the main difference between comparable and comparator?
|Natural Ordering||Custom Ordering|
|Type of Object|
|Objects in comparison must be of the same type||Objects of different classes are considered|
|Affect on Class|
What is difference between compare and compareTo in Java?
compareTo (b): Comparable interface: Compares values and returns an int which tells if the values compare less than, equal, or greater than. compare (a, b): Comparator interface: Compares values of two objects.
What is difference vector and ArrayList?
ArrayList is non-synchronized. Vector is synchronized. ArrayList increments 50% of its current size if element added exceeds its capacity. Vector increments 100% of its current size if element added exceeds its capacity.
How do you sort an ArrayList?
How to sort an ArrayList in Java in descending order?
- Create an ArrayList.
- Sort the contents of the ArrayList using the sort () method of the Collections class.
- Then, reverse array list using the reverse() method of the Collections class.
What are the types of comparator?
Comparators are classified into various kinds, such as electronic, electrical, mechanical, optical, sigma, digital and pneumatic comparators, these are used in various applications. Comparators play an essential role in designing electrical and electronic projects.
What are the applications of voltage comparator?
The comparators find in many electronic applications that may be used to drive logic circuits.
- Comparator Symbol.
- Comparison of Op-amp and Comparator Output Circuitry.
- Noninverting Comparator Circuit.
- Inverting Comparator Circuit.
- The Humidity Monitoring System.
- System Implementation of the Heartrate Monitor chip.
Why is string immutable in Java?
The string is Immutable in Java because String objects are cached in the String pool. Mutable String would produce two different hashcodes at the time of insertion and retrieval if contents of String was modified after insertion, potentially losing the value object in the map.
What are three differences between comparator and comparable?
sort(List, Comparator ) method can be used to sort the collection of Comparator type objects. Comparable provides single sorting sequence. The comparator provides a multiple sorting sequence. Comparable interface belongs to java.
How do you make an ArrayList synchronized?
In order to get a synchronized list from an ArrayList, we use the synchronizedList(List <T>) method in Java. The Collections. synchronizedList(List <T>) method accepts the ArrayList as an argument and returns a thread safe list.
Can we sort HashMap in Java?
Java HashMap does not preserve any order by default. If there is a need to sort HashMap we sort it explicitly based on the requirements. Java provides an option to sort HashMap based on keys and values.
What is difference between == equals () and compareTo () method?
The compareTop () returns positive integer if this object is greater than the specified object. The equals() tells the equality of two strings whereas the compareTo() method tell how strings are compared lexicographically.
What does compareTo return in Java?
The compareTo method is used when we need to determine the order of Strings lexicographically. It compares char values similar to the equals method. The compareTo method returns a negative integer if the first String object precedes the second string. It returns zero if the 2 strings being compared are equal.
What is the difference between.equals and == in Java?
== checks if both references points to same location or not. equals () method should be used for content comparison. equals () method evaluates the content to check the equality.